Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Two Days of Fun

 G-Jo attended a conference in Grapevine and decided to make a mini vacation of it, she offered for us to join her and we happily accepted!  It was just a couple weeks before Gavin's birthday so we made it an early birthday celebration for him also.  Harrison was soo excited he was finally tall enough to ride the slides at Great Wolf Lodge.  He had G-Jo going down the slides until she wanted to puke!  Thank goodness Dad stepped in to finish the rides.  Gavin and I loved the wave pool and kiddie slides.  

 The next day we took the kids to Lego Land.  They loved this place!  Look at the picture of Gavin--he was like Noah collecting the animals two-by-two for the Ark.  He would have played here for hours if we let him.


Two full days of fun for the kids and exhaustion for Steve and me.  When the kids go to bed each night I ask them what their favorite part of the the day was.  It's always entertaining to hear the answers they come up with and I think it's good going to sleep thinking about what makes you happy.  I just knew all of the hard work of the two days would pay off as Harrison told me his favorite part of our mini trip. "Harrison, what was your favorite part of the trip?"  dying with anticipation he responded, "Remember when we were waiting for Dad to get the tickets to Lego Land and we went into Game Stop? The man told me I could play that demo game for 10 minutes!  That was sooo cool!  You think we could go back there?!"  "Do you mean you want to go back to Lego Land?" I asked.  "No, Mom, to Game Stop so I can play that game!"

Isn't that so sweet?  I'm having contractions, swollen feet, and a suitcase waiting for me to unpack thinking it was all worth it to show my kids a good time when all I really needed to do was take them to Game Stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment