Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Monday, April 18, 2011

Grateful

When life is easy, being grateful is too.

It's being grateful and thankful for my blessings when life throws me adversities,

that is the challenge.

I have to admit, I've never been labeled an optimistic person.  While I don't think I'm Eeyore, I do struggle with seeing the positive in bad situations. Opposites definitely attracted Steve and I to one another, as he is eternally optimistic and thinks we will always end up on top. 

I was excited when I read my friend, Shanita's, blog post about the book Daniel's Gift and all the wonderful things she learned from it.  I wanted to learn and feel all those great lessons she took from it. She kindly let me borrow her Nook so I could gain all the insight I was dying for.

House cleaning, laundry, my recorded shows on the DVR, and even sleep waited two days while I read.  The book did bring great insight to life and why things happen when they do.  I took comfort in the idea that struggle and adversity will continue to find you until you learn the necessary life lesson God wants you to.  As for me, I am a worrier.  Often I worry about things I have no control over.  It has and continues to be a challenge for me to realize the things I have control over (which I'm learning is very little) and the worry I need to turn over to the Big Guy. As I'm working on this I must admit, it feels good to not feel like I have to fix everything for everyone.

I learned that we all come to our own crossroads and decide to turn right or left.  If you're stubborn, like I tend to be, and you turn the same way you always have, inevitably, in time, you'll end up right back at that same intersection.  Different scenario, but same underlying lesson you haven't learned yet. 


So, have I mastered being grateful when I end up at that same dang intersection faced with the same challenges deciding whether to turn right or left?  To say that one book has turned me around completely would be a lie, but it has helped me try really, really hard to make better decisions that are based on good intentions, a good heart, and a trust that God will ultimately put me on the right path.

If I live my life by that mantra no worry should ever come my way, right??

I'm working on it, always working on it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this quote from your post:

    "I took comfort in the idea that struggle and adversity will continue to find you until you learn the necessary life lesson God wants you to."

    I'm gonna have to use that one! You know what I say..."Let go and let God!"

    ReplyDelete