Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Friday, February 26, 2010

Wait A Minute.....


Harrison asks a lot of questions.  Watching a movie with him is sometimes torture because every time you laugh he wants to know "What happn'd? Why you laughin'?"  I've gotten used to these endless questions so I didn't think much of the conversation in the car on our way home from preschool. But, I think I may have said too much:

Harrison- Mommy, when you make the car 'go' are you pushing on the big pedal or little pedal?


Me- I'm pushing on the skinny pedal, it's called the gas pedal.

Harrison- Oh, okay, what's the other pedal called?


Me- It's called the brake pedal and it makes the car stop, see? (insert car stopping here)


Harrison- I get it, the skinny pedal makes you go faster and the big pedal makes you stop?

WAIT A MINUTE!!

All along I'm thinking about what a smart, inquisitive boy I have, then, in an instant, my mind goes to this little boy driving my car down the road all by himself.  I would then be questioned by the authorities as to how my four-year-old knew how to drive a car so well. 

Now, as I've said before I can be a little thick-headed.  But, this time I did wise up to at least not divulge how you must apply the brake pedal before you can put in the car in gear. So, inquisitive boy or mischievous dare-devil?  Only time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment