Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cannon Ballsey Turns 2

Look at those big, beautiful eyes. 
 How did I get so lucky to get to be a Momma to such a cutie?



My Cannon Ball is two years old!  He hit his two year mark sleeping in his own twin bed, peeing in the potty, and making Chatty Cathy look quiet.  Add to that--he seems to have subdued his mean streak!  I can't say it's gone, but we get sweet and 'nuggly' Cannon more often than not. 


The first year and a half of his life have been some of the busiest and most challenging ones of my life.  I have said more than once, "this third one has thrown me for a loop.  It's really, really hard."  Or rather "he's really, really hard."   Sometime, maybe about March or so, I started looking at things a little differently.  Maybe it wasn't Cannon as much as it was alllll the circumstances around Cannon that made life so challenging.  Because once my life slowed down, and by slowed down I mean no longer running at the pace like I was being chased by a monster.  Now, it's more a pace like like a steady jog-- I gotta keep moving, but I have time to reflect here and there.

Time to reflect and think about maybe it was the perfect storm that made things seem so difficult.  I mean, yes, Cannon is the third to two older,  rowd(ier) boys, and yes, he is more stubborn than the other two (combined!)  But, also, we've moved three times and sold two houses in his two short years.  Perhaps my struggles with all that left me convinced that Cannon was the hardest.  Don't get me wrong, he was hard- he bit, scratched, and yelled whenever the mood struck. But, I now think had all the other stuff not been going on I would have chalked it up to typical toddler behavior. 

Bottom line is- maybe Cannon got a bad rap.  Because life is getting sweeter and smoother each day. And the increased sweetness is coming largely from my little Cannon.  Sweetness like as I'm tucking him into bed at night and he pats the pillow next to him asking me to "'nuggle".   I'm really looking forward to this fall when the older boys are in school and it's just me and C. 


He's biting more apples and less people these days.  We, and the rest of his victims, are very grateful for his change in appetite.  




This was at his two-year check up.  Dr. Jones was very impressed with his cooperation and overall happiness at being in a doctors office. 







Onto Cannon's birthday party....

How lucky for Cannon his birthday fell smack in the middle of girls weekend!  He celebrated surrounded with Aunts, Great-Grandmas, Grandma's, cousins, and a Godmother.  






Grammy made these adorable Elmo cupcakes and a Hulk Smash birthday cake.  Yeah for Grammy's!






Cannon really, really enjoyed getting to pop his candy-filled balloon's!



Uncle Justin wasn't able to be there in person, but he was there in i-time!  Cannon thought it was super cool to "feed" Justin a Smartie and watch is magically travel through the phone into Justin's mouth.  What are the odds Justin would have a similar enough candy on his end to make the illusion complete?!







No comments:

Post a Comment