Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Sunday, June 2, 2013

A G-Jo Adventure

Hi everyone.  It's Gavin.  I want to share my G-Jo Adventure.  For my Christmas present from G-Jo this year, I got to go on a BIG adventure with her--She's my Mommy's Mom.  We got on an airplane and flew to Ohio.  Ohio is where a lot of my relatives live.  I have lots of cousins there. And my Grandma and Grandpa Pits.  And some Aunts and Uncles. One of my cousins, Dominic, graduated from high school.
                                                    This is Dominic and me on his horse.
So, here I am, hanging out at the Airport McDonalds.  Did you know they have McDonalds at the Airport?  They are EVERYWHERE.


We get on the plane and I was scared.  G-Jo kept telling me everything would be okay, but I was still scared.  Then the Flight Attendant asked me if I wanted something to drink and things got a lot better. 

And here I am, at the Airport in Ohio.  Grandma Pits gave me a big hug.  Grandpa was waiting in the car. 

Guess where we are here?  Some restaurant called Bob Evans. Hated it!  They didn't bring any chips and salsa.  Can you believe that?  I asked the guy where they were, he got this funny look on his face and said this wasn't Texas.  I knew that.
G-Jo and I stayed at my cousin Andy's house.  I'm gonna tell you more about that in a minute.  But see that donut?  We're at this place called the Sweet Shop.  I sat on a stool that you couldn't move and had Trumoo chocolate milk, a cookie and a donut.  It was awesome!
Aunt Julie thought my breakfast foods were funny.  She laughs a lot!
Okay, so I told you G-Jo and I stayed with my cousin, Andy.  Well this is Andy.  We put together this awesome Lego jeep I got at the airport. All I could do was look at the box until I got to Andy's.   He puts together lots of Lego stuff, so he's really good at it. 

And here I am with my Lego Jeep all put together, Thanks, Andy!  Heading from Andy's house now to Grandma Pits' house. I had to walk with G-Jo.  It took a long, long time.  Andy lives so far from Grandma Pits.  G-Jo doesn't have a car in Versailles so we had to walk. 
Guess who was at Grandma Pits'?  Grandma Pits!  And my cousin Emily and her boyfriend, Max.  They were just chillin'. 

I got to have a special day while I was on my adventure with G-Jo.  It was a day where Aunt Julie, G-Jo and I did things, just us, and no one else.  We went to this town called Greenville and fed the ducks.  There were so many ducks, it was way cool.
Then we came back to Aunt Julie's house and flew a kite.  We had trouble keeping it up, but it was still lots of fun.
Then Uncle Rod took me on a Gator ride.  OMG, it went FAST!
Then Aunt Julie, G-Jo and I made cut-out sugar cookies.  We made SOOO many! 
Here's my highlight--Aunt Julie made homemade potato chips.  Now let me tell you how to make homemade potato chips.  First you have to have a cooker.  Then you have this thing that is like gray that you put the potato in then you spin it around and the potato gets cut really small.  Then you put them in the cooker and wait.  Then you have to scoop them out of the cooker with this big spoon.  They are so hot and SOO good.  My dad is going to get a cooker so we can make them at my house.

The next day was fun, but G-Jo and Aunt Julie had to work at Aunt Peg's house because they were getting ready for Dominic's high school graduation.  See Uncle Clay behind me?  Yeah, well, he's not really very happy right now.  He took me to a store and bought me this candy thing.  I wanted other stuff, but this was what I got.  I don't think he's really mad at me, he just looks like it. 

So, things were going okay at Aunt Peg's house.  I was chillin and hanging with the other kids.  Then the guy who owns the farm came in and told me I would be doing some work.  That's when I learned what "mucking" the chicken coop was all about.  The guy who owns the farm is my Uncle Mark.  He also had me gather eggs.  And then.....


I had to chase this chicken back into the coop.  He was one fast chicken.  But I finally did it. 
 
So, I mucked the chicken coop, gathered eggs, caught a chicken (well, chased him back to the pen) and then gathered trash.  Then I got to light the fire to burn the trash--all by myself.  I'm telling you the truth.  I really did get to start the fire.   The guy who owns the farm let me do it.  He knows I'm five and can handle it, I guess.


There's me in the Versailles Town Square.



And me hugging my cousin Finley.



Everyone place we would go I would ask G-Jo if my Godmother would be there.  She would say, not yet.  Then we'd go to another place and I'd ask again and she'd say, not yet.  Finally on Sunday, the day of Dominic's graduation I got to see Maddy.  She's my Godmother and I love her.  I was so happy to see her! 

And me, chillin, again, at the airport waiting to fly home.  I did so many things.  I jumped on the trampoline, drove my cousin, Callie's car, stayed up very late the night of Dominic's party (so late that I was the only kid my age still at the party).  G-Jo said if I'm gonna hang with her, that's the way it is. I don't think she wants to miss anything by leaving too soon--me either. It was the best adventure G-Jo and I have ever had.  I can't wait for the next one.  
 




























- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Wow Gavin...what an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this!! What a blessed little boy.....loved and cherished by all! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously LOL'd at some of your commentary! -ashly

    ReplyDelete