Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Another School Year Started

2nd grader with Ms. McKee.
Harrison was most excited about getting to cross the monkey bars that were forbidden to the first graders.  After school, when I asked him how it went, he said he thought for sure the monkey bars were coated in butter because he kept slipping off.  When I told him I would really like a school year without a broken bone he said he couldn't promise that wouldn't happen.  But, it was okay when he fell from the monkey bars because he only hit his head.  Only his head?!  *sigh*

      Kindergartener with Mrs. Smith...

   who just so happens to have been my sorority sister at TCU.
Gavin said he had  a great first day of school.  
He made two friends and told his teacher he loved her. 
 I expected nothing less.





And, my baby boy, starting a preschool a few mornings a week with Ms. Adrianne. 
I filled out paperwork for Cannon and one of the questions asked  was: 'Is there anything you want us to know about your child?'  I thought for a while about just letting them discover Cannon all on their own, but realized they would appreciate a head's up.  So I wrote, 'Cannon is the youngest of three boys.  At times he can be very assertive (I didn't want to use the word 'aggressive').  We work on being kind and sharing.  We work on this a lot.'  I emphasized the a lot.                  

Where does this leave me?  I am alone in my house with Chewy sleeping next to me not quite sure what to do with myself.  I'm told by other moms who've gone before me that what seems like endless alone time will quickly turn into not enough alone time.  I guess I'll have to take their word for it, because for now, I feel like I'm watching the clock waiting until it's time to not have enough time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment