Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bruiser Ball

The kids played soccer again this season through Upward Sports.  It's a Christian sports league that's organized through various churches in the area.  I love the organization of the practices and games, the half-time prayer and motivational talks at the games, and the overall positive environment my kids get to be around two hours a week. But, it's not all roses and candy--this whole 'soccer mom' thing.  It's hard to haul my kids to practice with all the gear (finding matching soccer socks is no small task, more then once they've worn Daddy's black dress socks!).  And entertaining Cannon while the kids practice--quite tedious. Turns out it's a lesson for both parent and child to undestand the importance of fulfilling your committments. 

However....

on game day....

 
 when you get to cheer your child on as they score a goal makes it
worth all the effort!

Gavin getting a pep talk from his coach.

This was Gavin's first year to play.  I think he played more then he played.  When he was focused, he was a really, really good player.  But, Gavin really shined was when he was able to dazzle the crowd with his antics.  One game he spent half the time walking (not running!) around as a 'zombie' telling the other team he was going to "eat their brains!" Funny.  When it's not your kid.

 A few weeks ago after a hectic-to-get-to-practice, I was telling myself just to forget next season and take a break when Gavin said, "you know, playing soccer is a lot like school." When I asked him what he meant, he went on further to explain, "I learn lots of things like how to score goals and run with the ball, but also how to be obedient to God and Mommy and Daddy, and how to have Jesus in my heart." 

Well, take my money now Upward, because we will be seeing you again next year!  Geesh, how can I beat that?

I had many different parents throughout the season come and tell me how much they enjoy watching Gavin.  They did not say what a great player he was, rather that he was just so funny to watch and always made them laugh. 

Cannon enjoyed walking the grounds, picking up rocks, and eating endless Goldfish.
Soon enough it will be his turn. 


The season ended well with quite a few goals scored by my Bruisers.  They continue to make their Momma happy and proud to be a 'soccer mom.'

No comments:

Post a Comment