Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Grammy's Visit

Grammy came to stay with us while I started my job and endured hospital orientation.  The boys were so super excited that Grammy was here they didn't even notice that I wasn't! My hat is off to all the working moms in the world who live in ground hog day of doing the same routine of go, go, go everyday.  I started off each day grateful I chose a profession that didn't require a monotonous schedule.  

I was never happier then seeing the first week came to an end; I had two glorious days off with the family.  After a relaxing Saturday morning we drove to North Carolina and went gem mining. We have done this before here. It's exciting to look at a mound of dirt hoping to find priceless gems as you sift through it.  

We found some pretty good-sized rubies and amethysts.  This has Steve stoked about trying to be the next John Hardy and make his own jewelry.  This man and his crafts, Oy!, it's hard to keep up with.  

Grammy even got in on the action.  Although I think she enjoyed the shop inside more than digging through dirt!

 Alright, South Carolina, these boiled peanuts (pronounced bawled peanuts) you keep talking about? Making me think my mouth is going to reach nirvana as I chewing them.  You. Are. Wrong.  Think lima bean texture with a peanut taste--odd, a combination that should never be paired. 


 Gavin pilfered a pocket-full of rocks off of the ground from the rock mining park that he wanted to bring home and paint.  I didn't realize he had so many rocks until we were onto our next adventure and I had to keep re-tightening his belt because his pants kept falling down.  What is it with little boys and rocks?

Harrison had also collected rocks from a previous trip--God-knows-where (seriously, these boys come home with rocks all the time!) and he wanted to paint his, too.  A morning craft to keep them occupied: check!

There is no evidence of a broken arm here.  Harrison has healed and is back in action!

Grammy snuggling Cannon Ball keeping him warm at the park.

Thanks, Grammy, for coming to stay with us! After two weeks of Grammy and G-Jo the house is just too quiet.  Plan another visit soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment