Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Barn

After the fun wedding in Detroit we drove over to Port Clinton, Ohio, to visit my GrandmotherJane and her special house.  By house I mean a barn that my Granddad turned into a charming rustic residence.   The 'farm,' as Harrison calls it, holds lots of special memories.  When we're there it's always packed with family and filled with love.  Sadly, we lost Granddad three years ago; being at the barn is the one place you can actually feel his presence. 

 This is a thrilling game of 'keep the ball away from the dogs.'  A lot harder than it may look.

This is the family that packs the house and these are the kind of memories made.


 

 
We ferried over the Put-in-Bay.  It's a quaint little island on Lake Erie.  We rented golf carts and went site-seeing.  I have wishful dreams of owning a summer home on an island like this.  A girl can dream, right?

 
Oh, yes, Gavin was Batman for a few hours. Of course, he drew attention looking like this.  I think it looked like we were hiding some hideous affliction!  Thank goodness we parted with the mask before arriving to the island.


My cutie cousin, Rylan.  Harrison loved being her little helper. 


 
Gavin loves his Da-Da!

 

 

 
Mining for precious stones.  We had fun discovering if our ten dollar bag of dirt would hold the gem of all gems!  

 

 

 
♪ My first kiss went a little like this...♪

 
A slip 'n slide has been entertaining kids for how many years?  And, I have no idea what good Harrison's goggles are doing for him.  But, don't even think about trying to take them off!

 

 


 
I love this boy.

 


 GrandmotherJane made what seemed like a very simple request, "a picture with me and my three great-grandchildren."  No kidding, I took 22!! pictures and this was the best one.  Photoshop had to have come about from people trying to photo multiple children.  It is impossible!

4 comments:

  1. Greta! Those photos rock! I LOVE the one of Harrison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family has adorable kid making genes! All of these kids are too cute. And your Grandma Jane looks like she would be a lovely woman to know. Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Am I suppose to have Joely in her carseat when I take her riding in my dad's golf cart? I didn't even know that was possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a column for all time. When the boys grow up they will cherish the pictures and words. Remarkable job. Love ya, Dad

    ReplyDelete