Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Miss McKinzie Lee

My Goddaughter, McKinzie, came for a visit to celebrate her turning 13 this year!  We had a week chockfull of activities.  Laundry and household responsibilities were put on hold--you only get to turn thirteen once!  I really enjoyed the adult conversation, not having to talk about video games or toys was great.  It's made me look forward to my kids growing up, to see their personalities develop.  Kinzie's personality is full of fun-loving sass and attitude.  She kept us laughing all week!

Isn't she beautiful?!

 
 We enjoyed all Fort Worth had to offer--bounce houses, museums, swim parks, restaurants, and movies.  No activity was left unturned!


 
Surprisingly, it wasn't that hot at the zoo that day.


 
Taking a much-needed break from swimming. It made swimming a lot easier having man-on-man defense with the kids.

 
Super stylish 3-D glasses before the movie at the museum.
 (She's gonna love that I posted this one!)

 
I have always wanted to watch the Twilight movies and was excited when McKinzie said she 
hadn't seen the latest one.  We all watched the first two and had a girls' night out to see the third.  I'm not sure if  I loved it enough to go with my friend, Shanita, to the midnight showing of the next one, but at least now I know what it means to be 'Team Jacob' or 'Team Edward.'  Still not sure which one I am, though. 


 
Steve loved wearing this lovely hat!  We all enjoyed the show, but Harrison really, really loved it.  He literally couldn't sit still in my lap watching the knights joust, constantly asking me if he was a good guy or bad guy.  And, seeing as how I often have to remind him to use his fork and spoons, he had no problem eating with only his hands.



 
Not that she needed it, but I showed her the 'ropes' when it comes to make-up application.  
Being able to apply eyeliner without bumpy lines and smudges will make her the envy of all her friends!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the stay! It was a lot of fun. And yes i just loved that picture with the 3-D glasses. Breaking Dawn will be a good one, hopefully you'll find ur team sooner or later. i still think that Jacob is a good choice(: haha, love you all and thanks again <3 love kinzie lee

    ReplyDelete