Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Monday, December 19, 2011

Pigeon Forge

I would love to tell the truth for why we made an impromptu visit to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, but I'm not sure of the statute of limitations. Rest assured I will share the story one day and it's worth waiting for, but for now I'll give the same reason for the trip we told the kids--to celebrate Harrison's 6th birthday, of course! 
We stayed in this awesome cabin!  In addition to all the comforts of home it had a hot tub on the upper deck and two huge jacuzzi tubs. 


Pigeon Forge is like a kids Las Vegas in the Smoky Mountains.  There are endless family activities, we only sampled a small portion of what the area had to offer. 

The ducks were so friendly they would eat the food from your hand.  We fed and fed and fed the ducks until they were so stuffed they turned away to swim off the calories. 
Exhibit A:  Cheesy family activity.  A Jurassic Park ride with dinosaur animatronics.  Bored me to tears, but the kids LOVED it. They begged to go again and again....I begged to wait in the car.

I loved going to the Smoky National Park.  I've been channeling my inner-outdoors-man lately and I'm loving it.  Don't get me wrong, you'll never find me backpacking anything, but I'm more than willing to venture within a day's walk from a heated cabin.  I'm even thinking about becoming straight up Griswald-like and try to visit all the National Parks.  

A lovely family photo with the Cataract Falls as our backdrop.  Although last minute, it was a much-needed family vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment