Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Monday, December 19, 2011

Six Birthdays In The Bag

Shortly after arriving to South Carolina Harrison turned six years old.  It was the smallest, most low-key birthday to date and I felt bad about it.  Not because there wasn't the big hooplah like years past, but because there were no Grandparents, Uncles, and friends.  I know, I know, kids all over the world celebrate birthdays with only their immediate family everyday.  But, my kids have been much more fortunate than that and have been blessed to celebrate birthdays with a room filled with people who love them. 

We did our best to make the day special for our guy.  
 I brought cupcakes to his new classroom.  The teacher told the class how much she's enjoyed having Harrison in her classroom and how smart and well-behaved he is.  Everyone then sang him 'Happy Birthday'


 When he came home from school it was present time! 

 I love the 'fist pump' after he opened the Zombie Lab game.  He didn't even notice the wrapping was a Target plastic bag.  Oh, how I love the age of oblivion!  

 Like most three year-olds who think the world revolves around them it was a good lesson for Gavin to spend the day thinking about his big brother.  He went with me to the store to pick out presents and balloons.  It was sweet to watch Gavin take charge of giving Harrison his presents. 

It was then off to Gatti-Town for pizza and games.  Harrison was beyond excited to finally be tall enough to ride on the bumper cars.  At the end of the night he said this was his highlight.


 No birthday is complete without a cake.  It was a challenge to find a cake small enough to feed our small party.  Definitely the smallest birthday cake I've ever bought.  My birthday wish for Harrison is to celebrate his seventh birthday with a cake big enough to feed thirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment