Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Homecoming and Halloween

 Papa Bruiser came home Halloween weekend and life was just how I remembered it, only sweeter.  We were all so grateful just to be together.  The boys wrestled and played video games, they had their buddy back doing their boy thing again!  Anytime Steve left the room Gavin was left looking around saying, "where my daddy go?" The homecoming reaffirmed what I already knew, that life runs smoother and is copacetic when we're together.


 With Captain America, Spider Man, and Flash to take care of me I will be protected for life!

 Our trick-or-treaters patiently sat for a picture before before getting started.
 
 We went trick-or-treating in G-Jo's neighborhood again this year.  The neighborhood really gets into the spirit of Halloween--making it so entertaining.  A couple houses even turned their garages into mini haunted houses!  G-Jo made a picnic in the backyard so our little monsters would have some nutrition before eating copious amounts of candy. 

 Cannon's Flash mask was his low-light of the night, but his highlight was getting a ride on Daddy.  

 Scary monster! This freaked out Mario and Luigi (Evan and Ian)

 Sweet baby!  Trick-or-treating is exhausting.

 I don't know how many houses we went to, but after every single house Gavin would run towards us screaming, "Mom, Mom, I GOT CAAANNNDDY!!!"  That pure, complete excitement is what makes kids the best and so fun be around.  It was definitely my highlight of the night.  

 We told Harrison this was his one day a year he could eat as much candy as he wanted.  And eat he did!  He ate and ate and ate until he finally pushed away from the table and said, "I have a belly ache."  I told him that he was probably going to poop a Snickers bar the next day. 

 Even Cannon got in on the action having a couple licks of a Dum-Dum.  

Spidey was worn out and had to be carried into bed by Dad.  Steve left before the kids woke the next morning which was a good idea, I don't think either of us could have handled the tears.  Our visit was a reminder of how bonded our family is and how truly thankful we will be when we're all together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment