Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Monday, October 17, 2011

Free At Last!


Harrison is free!  I think I was more excited than Harrison to say 'bye-bye' to the cast.  For three weeks I had to crawl in the very back of the van to buckle him in and covering his cast in Press 'n Seal before every bath was time consuming. 




I was really interested in seeing what the pins in his elbow looked like. I pictured small sewing-like pins, clearly this is not what he had holding his bones together.  These pins were big and thick! It did make me a little squeamish looking at them wondering how the doctor was going to take them out.  




 Harrison was pretty anxious, too, wondering how those pins were coming out.  He was wide-eyed as the doctor approached him with clamps and proceeded to just pull and tug until they were free.  I distracted him by telling him it was like Wolverine claws in his elbow that were being pulled out.  I'm surprised by how much he continues to guard his arm.  We are having to do daily rehab trying to extend his arm straight and then bending it to touch his shoulder.  He's getting stronger but I think he may be on the disabled list through wrestling season this year.  The pee-wee team has been spared a year of whoopin's while this Bruiser heals.  As for next year?  Watch out!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment