Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Spurts of Fun


I've been pretty lame lately with parenting and doing fun stuff with the kids.  I'm working on the guilt I feel trying to convince myself this is temporary and soon we'll be back to the good ol' days of leaving toy rooms messy and endless play time.  As for now, we're making a big deal out of the small things we are doing.  Like, on this day when I took Gavin to eat lunch with Harrison at his school.  Gavin was really excited to walk through the cafeteria and pick his lunch and Harrison was equally excited getting to be the leader showing Gavin what to do.




Gavin slowed down the line a little bit by being a slow chooser, but for his first time he got the gist fairly easy. 




Cheesy boys!



Getting to carry his tray to and fro was Gavin's highlight.  Although, a close second would be the ridiculous amount of attention he received from all the kindergarten girls. 

On another day of excitement we joined Harrison's elementary school in a mile and a half walk-a-thon through the neighborhood.  Making up at least one thousand people, the entire student body, faculty, and many families joined in the fun.

These outings, while small, are helping pass the time and are keeping some level of normalcy for our family while in this awkward transition.  Steve often calls and tells me about another place he can't wait for us to go to when we get to South Carolina.  It's sweet because he wants us to experience it for the first time together as a family so he drives by places or reads about things to do but doesn't stop.  We are going to have a long list of things to visit when we arrive to our new home--I can't wait!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I began looking at the Halloween photoshoot uttering a not-so-melodious "awww." I then proceeded to aww at the each and every subsequent photo at least twice, if not three times. Your boys are growing up so fast and it kills me that I will mostly only get to witness this from viewing photos. I miss them so much, and after visiting this summer I have realized how important it is to me to be there for Gavin. With that being said, I hope that I will be allowed to visit you all in your new home once you get settled this summer. I want to be able to watch Gavin grow into the wonderful... and sometimes stubborn person he has already started to become. I am so thankful I am his Godmother and I am very blessed to have him and all of you in my life. Thank you for everything and love you all! Maddison

    ReplyDelete