Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Friday, December 31, 2010

One Down Two To Go

I have officially wrapped up my first trimester.

This is the third time I've journeyed down this path, and, honestly, I thought I had the route well navigated and roadblocks just wouldn't come my way.  Oh, how wrong I have been.

From nausea to exhaustion to a multitude of other less-than-pleasant pregnancy symptoms, these past three months have been a whooping.  I have failed miserably at trying to channel my inner 'Mother Earth.'

In previous pregnancies I would be complimented on the 'pregnancy glow' that I radiated, this time I had a co-worker say, "oh, this is going to be a long nine months!"

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to be pregnant and blessed to have an addition to my family.  And, I am absolutely thrilled that my first trimester is over and I'm starting to come back to the land of the living.

I have great hopes for the next three months: I hope to make some appearances at 24 hour fitness, I hope to shower and change my clothes before picking my boys up from preschool, I really hope to make dinner and be able to clean up the kitchen all in one day, and I really, really, hope my boys see me more vertical than horizontal (i.e. lounging on the couch.)

But, hearing my beanie-babie's heart beat has been the best reward for all the discomfort. There is a huge prize at the end of this journey and  I'm thankful to be a third of the way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment