Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Half A Decade



You woke up on your birthday telling me all the things you can do now that you've turned five.  Something amazing happened while you slept and turned from four to five....
"Mom, watch me run, I'm so fast now that I'm five!"
"I can beat Daddy up at wrestling, I'm sooo strong."
We were looking through the new atlas book his Great-Grandmother Jane had given him, he pointed to the map and said, "look, two pyramids."  I asked him how he knew what pyramids were and he replied, "Mom, I'm five now, I know lots of things." 
"I can play cards and beat everybody in the family!"  (we don't play cards....)
Half a decade you've been alive.  Five years you've been challenging me and helping me grow into a better person and mom. You are the quintessential first-born: loving to know the details of everything, not particularly enjoying when plans are deviated, being very responsible (sometimes also seen as bossy) with those around you, conscientious of others' feelings, and most of all you love to make us happy!

In honor of your fifth birthday I want to list my top favorite five things about you:
  1. Your eyes.  They are a mixture of brown, blue, and green. And, they are absolutely beautiful.  You will stop some hearts with those eyes, son.
  2. The look on your face when you accomplish something all by yourself.  It's a look of pride and excitement.  I hope as I watch you grow I see that look a thousand times more. 
  3. How happy you become when you see your extended family or even get to talk with them on the phone.  I want you to always value and love your family like you do as a five year old. 
  4. Your smarts.  You have a good head on your shoulders!  I love teaching you things because you learn quickly, and more importantly, you love learning.  
  5. Your stubbornness.  Although, at times, it makes me crazy and is very embarrassing, I think stubbornness will translate into determination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment