Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Give The Boy What He Wants


Gavin is the best snuggler. When I wake up from nights at work he often takes my hand and guides me to the couch to 'nuggle.' He loves to be held close after his baths while he's drying off in his towel.  We had a special moment the other day, after his bath when we were snuggling extra tight.  I was humming to him and stopped to ask if he wanted to sing a song together.  Thinking he would choose maybe, 'Jesus loves me' or even the 'ABC's, I was very surprised when he sheepishly nodded and said he wanted me to sing 'boom, boom, pow.'  I asked him to repeat his request three or four times because I was certain I had misunderstood.  After he clearly said again, 'boom, boom, pow', I gave him what he asked and belted out my best Fergie "people in the place....if you want to get down....put your hands in the air.....Will.I.Am drop the beat now..." The special moment changed from sweetness to laughter as I watched my naked boy shake his toosh to my rendition of The Black Eyed Peas.  

1 comment: