Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day Two, And He's Not Missing Us Yet

We talked to Harrison last night at midnight Ohio time!  He was wired, telling us all about the fireflies and where he was sleeping, and, of course, he wanted to know what Gavin was doing and could he please talk to him.  So, I wasn't surprised when this picture came to me at 8:30 this morning. This is the look of 'more sleep, please!'   Eight hours of sleep isn't enough for my boy.  Unfortunately, for G-Jo, she's going to have to learn that the hard way.

This is what really makes me green with envy.  Harrison eating Sweet Shop donuts.  Drinking out of the same cup I did as a kid, making crumbs on the same tablecloth.  Being a military child and moving around year-after-year I loved coming home to Grandma and Grandpa's  house, because nothing ever changed.  Ever.  One question though, Grandma, why isn't he sitting on the white stool?  It won't be long before his tooshie outgrows it and the next child takes over.   

No Versailles trip is complete without a baseball lesson at cousin Richards house.  Yah, that is a baseball diamond and it's in their yard.  They don't mess around with sports at this house.  You play hard or sit on that bench you see. 


On the way to the airport I told Mom to make sure she didn't dress Harrison like a goob.  I'm not sure what it is about grandmothers (sorry, Mom, but it's what you are, okay?)  but they somehow manage to take the cutest outfit and goob it up.  Pulling socks up to a height that would rival any 1970's basketball player, or tucking shirts in that are better left out, and hiking shorts way passed the point of comfortable.  So, she enjoyed sending me this picture of Harrison's behind.  She's laughing, but I promise, he has come home from being on a G-Jo outing and has looked just like this.

 The first 'buck' of the day.  Harrison upset because G-Jo wanted him to go potty before the road trip to Indiana.  Clearly, he didn't want to go.  I think he won this battle.


After the two-hour drive from Versailles, Ohio to Fort Wayne, Indiana my boy was hungry!  And what's better than some pancakes with your big cousin, Cameron?  Or Cramden as Harrison says.  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Harrison is having so much fun with
    G-Jo. He doesn't even look like he misses you guys at all! Just joking. I'm sure he thinks of you all constantly!

    ReplyDelete