Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Harrison-The Life Guru

www.yourcandidmemories.com

                    







 
Harrison really says some profound things.  He is aware of others feelings, and if someone is upset, hurt, happy, or sad he will endlessly talk about it.  A couple of weeks ago I picked Harrison up from preschool, as we were driving home he told me, "it wasn't nice for you to yell at Daddy last night, he's your husband (no, not kidding, my four-year-old had to remind me who my husband is) and you shouldn't yell at him."  I acknowledged that he was right, I shouldn't have yelled, he said, "ya, and you shouldn't have thrown that towel at him, either."  "Ya, okay, Harrison, I shouldn't have thrown a towel at him, but it was only a dish towel."  "Mommy, you need to call Daddy and tell him you're sorry."  I embarrassingly called Steve to apologize.  Steve thoroughly enjoyed ribbing me, but I knew his time would come when Harrison, the life guru, would be correcting him.......

Today, Harrison overheard Steve having a heated discussion argument with our contractor, Jimmy.  When Steve came into the house, I told him that the kids heard the raised voices coming from outside.  Steve sat down with Harrison and talked to him about how it wasn't nice for him and Jimmy to yell each other.


A couple hours later

Harrison asked Steve to play some video games with him.  Steve happily obliged.  As Harrison was turning on the PlayStation he turned to Steve and said, "Daddy, sometimes you make good choices and sometimes you make bad choices.  And this is a good choice."

I personally think Harrison went a little easier on Steve than he did on me, but who's keeping track?

1 comment:

  1. Profound indeed my young nephew is. But why is it when I am there, the only thing I hear him say is, "I CAN'T WON THIS!! I CAAAAAN'T WOOOON THIS!!!!"?

    ReplyDelete