Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

G.I. Gavin

I finally decorated a room for Gavin. He's been living in a guest room for over a year. Now, I know he's a baby and he doesn't know, but I know. I now feel like he has a place designated just for him. And I have to say, it's a pretty darn cute room! Inspired by his Granddad who gave 25 years to the Army.

The ginormous tank was a gift courtesy of Granddad. It's definitely 'eye catching'! I looked all over for bedding. I was surprised when I found the bedding at Burlington Coat Factory!



I know. I know. The 'Be All You Can Be' is a little campy. But, it's also a good motto to live by, right? The window treatment I bought at the Army/Navy surplus store. It's a mesh intended to hide whatever in the jungle. It's held up by tent stakes.


I love these canteen holders that I used as curtain tiebacks.


This is the kevlar helmet my Dad wore until he retired from the Army in 2006. I'm trying to figure out a cool way to hang it on the wall.


This is the Army trunk my Great-grandfather used. It would make a neat toy box except the lid closes like a guillotine.


This is the obligatory childs name in their room. Steve says this makes it too baby-like, I said "but he is a baby." I did try to 'man it up' by adding my Dad's old Army spurs on the N.


Check out my crafty skills. I made the picture holder from an old Army uniform (B.D.U.) fabric and stapled ribbon to hold pictures. The patriotic buttons I found at the fabric store are the perfect finish. Filled with pictures just of Geedge in Geedge's room!

2 comments:

  1. You have a real talent for decorating, eh? It turned out pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely a cute room, and I love that it has so many precious keepsakes in it. Thanks for having us over to play today. We had soooo much fun! Your babes are beautiful and I love their spunk, too!

    ReplyDelete