Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Thursday, August 27, 2009

'G' Stands for Guilt-Free

**editors note** the 'g' is supposed to go on the tushy, but I think it looks cute this way, too!


You know how sometimes a comment someone makes just sticks with you? Years ago, before I had children, I was talking with a woman about how many children I wanted to have. I told her I would love to have four or five. She responded "Don't you think that's being greedy? The world is already so overpopulated with people and their trash." Rationally, I know this is a ridiculous statement, but I've never been able to shake her words. Especially when I'm throwing away diapers. I've read that it takes over 500 years for a diaper to breakdown and the human waste in landfills is polluting the soil and possibly our water.

I've been researching cloth diapers for a while and finally I took the plunge! The g-diaper. They say the 'g' stands for green, genuine, global, gentle, or Gavin! The diaper seems to be the perfect marriage between disposable and cloth. The liner, that catches all the yucky stuff, is plastic-free so you can flush it down the toilet. (where poop is supposed to go) The diaper has even passed the overnight test. The final test will be seeing if Steve uses them while I'm at work.

Disclaimer: To all you fellow Moms (Shanita) who will be diligently checking Gavin's pants every time I see you to make sure he has on a cloth diaper know that at times I will still use disposable. But, for every one cloth diaper that's one less in a landfill.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still gonna check his tooshy just to give you a hard time! :-) I agree that the whole 500yrs to biodegrade thing is awful. And what mean old lady said that comment about 4 kids being greedy. Shame on her! You go ahead and populate the earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY GRETA! I love his little G pants! Let me know how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete