Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Monday, July 27, 2009

Girls' Weekend

For about 15 years my Mom, Grandma, and aunts have gotten together once a year, for a weekend of togetherness. You have to be 18 to attend these loud weekend events, and for me, I couldn't wait to be 'legal.' The weekend is often filled with spending lots of time deciding exactly what it is we want to do. This year we made a valiant effort to maximize our time and even had a schedule of events: tennis, swimming, a comedy club, shopping, and of course eating, we really tried to stick to the plan! This year was also special because it marked the first time another niece, Ashly, joined in on the festivities. Ashly is getting married next summer so we planned a bachelorette party for her, Girls' Weekend style.


We started off the party having Ashly wear this dazzling nightie get-up

This is Ashly, Patti (mother of the bride), and Polly (Godmother of the bride). Being they were the 3 most important people there so they all had to be bedazzled.

↓ These next series of pictures are each taken of the winners of the relay games we played. I was in charge of all games for the evening. I know, I know, you're thinking, "Greta, how can I get you to come plan one of my own parties? Your games look amazing!" All I can say is: with practice and determination you, too, can plan bachelorette boot camp.




This is me in charge. I kinda like it that way.


Peg and Mindy. Winners of the tennis ball relay (pretend they're the 'something blue' ball) Your partner had to pass the ball only using her knees and then keep the ball until the finish line. A lot harder than it may look!


Mindy and Pat. Winners of the water balloon toss. The final 2 teams had their balloon sprayed with Pam for extra difficulty. You know, kind of like those slippery babies we take home from the hospital. So easy to drop.....

Julie and I won this relay. Don't the men's briefs tell it all? We had to don the undies, run to our partner, trade, then run back to start. We did give Grandma a head start here, and lemme tell you, she was a trooper. She participated with full gusto. 72 years old? Seemed like not a
day over 55.


This was the most exciting game of all. The best toilet paper and tape wedding dress you could make in about 20 minutes. A picture was taken and sent via text for all to 'phone in' their vote. Ashly's dress won. My Greek-inspired top did nothing for the voters.



Lastly, doing what we do best. As always, looking forward to next year. Perhaps more cousins and less toilet paper.

2 comments:

  1. The girly togetherness weekend is such a good idea. You guys have a strong sense of family that I envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I loved the toilet paper dresses but all those games looked super fun! I'm glad you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete