Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Flashback. Memorial Day Weekend

Camp Mabry's finest.


Dad spent much of this Army career in tanks. He had lots of cool stuff to tell us.


We blatantly ignored the signs that asked us to kindly not climb on the tanks.



Harrison contemplates a future in the Army......buddy, we'll see about that.


Uh, yah, a one year old is driving. Nothing to see here, folks.



This was a fighter plane just like in Top Gun. Steve couldn't contain his excitement when he climbed into the cockpit. He got mad when I wouldn't call him 'Maverick'




I have been looking all over for my camera. I love this camera. Not because it's anything special, but because I know how to use it. It is the camera that Steve's parents gave us after Harrison was born. I have used it so much most of the words have rubbed off, leaving only my memory to know which dial is the picture versus camcorder. I last used it Memorial Day weekend when we went to Austin to visit my brothers and Dad. Dad is retired Army so he stayed at Camp Mabry in Austin. To honor all of those we need to remember on Memorial Day we visited the Camp's museum. When we came home I couldn't find the camera anywhere. I assumed it, and the memories it held, were lost forever. So strange to me things that are lost, when they are found I would swear I had looked in that spot a thousand times. It was in my umbrella stroller. Just waiting to be found. Dad was disappointed when the camera was lost, as he thought this was going to be his opportunity to be a blog star. Well, here ya' go Dad, the camera is found.....you're a star!

1 comment:

  1. You've got to frame the picture of Geedge driving to add to the room decor. Classic! And is Harrison really contemplating or is he pouting? :-)

    ReplyDelete