Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Monday, December 1, 2014

Bruisers Room Makeover

When we found out we were having a fourth boy the discussion turned into who would be the lucky  one to share a room.  Gavin quickly volunteered to share his space saying, "I can share a room with the baby because now I know how to read and when the baby wakes up in the night I can read him a book until he falls back asleep."  So surprised by his sweet offer, I told Gavin we would give him a new room makeover for him and his baby brother.

But, first what to do with all of Gavin's superhero stuff?  Pass it onto his younger brother, Cannon, who equally loves superheros.  Cannon was super excited to get his new look!



I did get a couple new additions to make Cannon's room special to him.  
I love how it turned out!


"I'm not saying I'm Batman.
 I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Batman in the same room together."


I have a love of  putting together furniture.  Ikea furniture is the biggest challenge--little to no instructions and lots of pieces brings the biggest satisfaction when you see it to completion. 


An almost life size Spider-Man keeps Cannon company.

Gavin poured over Pinterest pictures of boys room and settled on a Rock 'n Roll theme.  Initially, I wasn't clear how to make a shared room between a six year-old and newborn gel together, but after a little Etsy shopping I was assured I could make this work!


Over the bed is a sign that reads 'Big brothers Rock, Little brothers Roll'


Four brothers and a rock 'n roll theme means you must have a cool band name!  We all came up with different ideas and band names, but 'The Bergstie Boys' fit them perfectly.  This took me forever to apply to the wall.  I have told the boys they'll likely not reach adulthood if they touch or mess with this decal. 



This is another Etsy purchase.  
'Rock a bye baby on the rooftop, when the song plays, make the beat drop, when the crowd screams sing louder once more, and on will rock baby forever adored.'


It looks perfect over Quin's crib. 


 I know, I know, another sign in the room.  I went a little crazy shopping on Etsy!  But, this one was too cute to pass up!


A clock on an old Beatles album. 


The lockers we bought at Ikea (more furniture I got to put together. yeah!) and they hold Quintin's clothes.  Gavin was more than willing to share his room, but closet space?  That's where he drew the line!  Nothing comes between Gavin and his clothes.  Not even a cute baby brother.  The opening framed in wood that still needs to be painted is another project we added to the room.  It opens to a smaller space that is large enough to hold a queen mattress and it's Gavin's hideaway bed.  He loves sleeping in there and on the weekends Cannon joins him. 


I saw this on Etsy, but this was one project I thought I could do myself.  A frame, galvanized metal,  fabric, a plexiglass cover, and viola! you have a magnetic board to display your school work.  Initially I made the board with glass and within 24 hours Cannon broke the glass by throwing the magnet discs.  I replaced it with a more Bruiser friendly plexiglass.  *Sigh* the perils of boys. 


This guitar was given to Harrison from my Dad years ago. 
 I thought this hand was a fun way to display it on the wall. 




I would like to add more to this album cover collection, but for now only album on display is Uncle Justin's band 'Saw Wheel.' 


This is the view from the other side of Gavin's special bed.  We cut an opening on the opposite side that leads into the upstairs game room.  When the secret door is closed it looks like a bookcase.  This fulfills one of Steve's lifetime dreams of having a secret room in his house.  Although Gavin loves his bed, I think Steve and I find it waaay cooler.  It feels very 'Punky Brewster' to me, one of my childhood favorites!  Side note- this door/book case is still needing to be painted.  Anyone want to come over and help with my honey do list?!


When the secret door is closed you think it's just your average built-in book case on the wall.


All artwork questions can be directed towards Steve.  The Andy Warhols and bizarre skeleton are all his pick outs.  It's the upstairs living room and I choose my battles. 


Our bedroom makeovers was a success! 
 The upstairs is filled with boys and short of having a urinal installed the area is made just for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment