Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Poultry Days Versailles, Ohio



We made it home to Ohio this year for our first family trip to Poultry Days.  I haven't been to Poultry Days in over twenty years.  Like most things in small towns, little has changed; it was exactly how I remembered it--lots of rides, food, and family.  We all had a great time and hope that it isn't another twenty years before we make it back again.


Cannon was bummed he wasn't big enough to ride all the rides. 


But, he turned it around when Aunt Dixie rode along with him on the kid-approved rides.


The kids loved the traditional carnival games and rides. 
 I, however, could live without hauling around all the prizes.  The earned prizes may or may not have found their way into trashcans when the kids weren't looking.


Love this face!  I can never get enough of that happy smile.


This is a pretty cute smile, too!



 1, 2, 3, Go!!


The kids experienced their first parade!  I don't think they initially thought much of it, but when they were told candy would be thrown into the street they immediately perked up.



Me and Mom.


Aunt Pat, Aunt Peg, Little C, and me enjoying the parade.


My Goddaughter, McKinzie, and cutie cousin Gabriel. 
I love his festive Poultry Days hat!


It was an added bonus to see family  passing through the parade! 
 This is my great-Uncle Jim.


Last time we  stayed at Zac's house it was very cold and we weren't able to enjoy the upper deck.  But, noooot this time!  We enjoyed the view, our fire pit, and even some s'mores.




Our youngest of the first cousin generation, Noah, looking handsome and so much like his older brothers. 


It's terrible that it was a poultry festival and I don't have a single picture of anyone eating the famous chicken.  I do have a picture of Gavin eating this delicious hamburger.


I love any opportunities my kids have to spend time with our extended family.  They are incredibly blessed to have four great-grandparents to know and love.  Harrison and Gavin have asked over and over if we can go back to that party with our family.  I hope we are able to make it back to Versailles next June for that chicken party!

No comments:

Post a Comment