Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Friday, November 8, 2013

A Date With Batman

Gavin was home sick with strep throat last week.  His fever kept him from going to school, but with antibiotics on board he felt much better.  With Harrison at school and Cannon at preschool it left rare alone time with Gavin.  We decided to have a "date" and go to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Being in a family with three kids, alone time with no  battle for attention, is rare.  To know Gavin means you know how much he loves attention. And, oh yeah, he decided last minute to dress up as Batman.



Batman thought ordering a Root Beer in the bottle was extra cool.  
We kept having to 'cheers' our glasses together. 

When I asked Gavin to smile, he very seriously told me--in the best Bruce Wayne voice he could-- "Batman doesn't smile.  His parents are dead and he must avenge their death."  


It's unfortunate that it took being sick to have this one-on-one time.  We really had a good time together.  Without other brothers to interrupt, Gavin had my undivided attention.  And, not to hate on those momma's to just one out there, but it was so easy.  Easy to keep up with him, easy to maneuver in and out of the car, easy to make decisions.  Like, manineedtodothismoreofteneasy.

I decided I need to not wait for an illness to have these easy dates with my boys.  A date with a healthy child would probably be even more fun!  Oh! The places we could go! That is my mission--more alone time with each one of my boys.  A year from now I hope to see a stamp on this post saying "DONE.  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment