Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hoppy Easter


When we moved back to Texas I was excited to find a more kid-friendly neighborhood.   I wanted a neighborhood with sidewalks, parks, and schools within walking distance.  It was a tall order for our friend and realtor, Holly Roberts. Not only did I know what neighborhood I wanted,  I also wanted to live in a cul-de-sac, have a backyard with an existing playground, and a house with plenty of room.  I was thrilled when we found what is now our home because it met all on my wish-list.  Our neighborhood has enough monthly activities to keep us busy every weekend. The kids were excited when I told them we were going to our first neighborhood Easter egg hunt.  We were all Norman Rockwall walking to the park leaving the car parked in the garage, gathering with many other families as our kids excitedly ran about gathering eggs. 



 I have enjoyed the new start we've created for our family in Fort Worth Part II.   We have our home, our family, our friends, and most importantly each other.


Even one-handed Harrison was able to round up quite a few eggs.


Cannon plucked one egg into his bucket.  Just one. 
One was enough to entertain this little guy.





My kids are so lucky, they receive Easter goodies from Grammy's, Godmother's, G-Jo's, Grandad (not only chocolate, but also a huge Easter ham for all of us!), Easter Bunny, and even a special handmade bag from Great-Grandma Pitsenbarger.  Even Steve and I receive a bag!  This is the same bag, down to the same hand-drawn smiling bunny I've been getting for as long as I can remember!  I think my passion for tradition has been passed to me, in part, from my Grandma.  Every year, for her six children, grandchildren (and their spouses!) and now great-grandchildren she cuts each bag, draws a bunny face, fills it will goodies and passes them out.  What dedication and determination to keep the tradition going.  Thank you, Grandma! 


My chocolate-faced Cannon snuggling his Easter bunny!   

A basket complete with Bane from Batman was befitting only for Gavin.


Harrison got the 'Action Bible' for Easter.  It's Bible stories told in a comic book format.  Turns out the Bible is filled with quite graphic, violent stories.  Put some creative pictures to the stories and you've got a seven year old hooked!  The other day I overheard Harrison telling Gavin he was, "like Cain in the Bible.  Do you know who Cain is, Gavin?  You're not pleasing God with your choices right now." Ummmm......Cain was a murderer.  I don't thnk that's on par with taking your video game controller.  Oh, the drama! 





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment