Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Friday, August 17, 2012

Stay At Home Fun

The beach seemed like a perfect last minute vacation to take the kids before school started while Steve was at a conference in California.  It must've seemed like a good idea to EVERY OTHER parent in America because every place I looked was sold out! 

Disappointed but not defeated G-Jo and I planned an at home weekend egggtravaganza!  Okay, not really extravagant, but fun for the kids at least.

We re-visited Fossil Rim Wildlife Center.  The kids love this place! I love it, too, because I don't have to get out of the car to show them a good time.  Lazy? Perhaps.  But, keeping up with three kids is a whooping and any opportunity to keep them confined and happy is a good thing.


  The next day we went to Hawaiian Falls.  This was our first time here and I was not prepared for how HUGE this place was.  I'm so thankful my mom was with me and it took our complete attention to keep up with the boys.  In fact, even with our best efforts we lost Harrison for a few minutes (although it felt like an eternity!).  My legs were turning to jello the longer it took to find him. He must've been scared, too, because we both cried when we found each other. See, confined and happy are two very good things!




For all parents who think video games are a complete waste of time...check this out!  Harrison sat with me in the front seat at Fossil Rim and I let him take control of the steering wheel. Don't judge me--it was perfectly safe!!  This was a winding road that, I must say, he did amazingly well navigating.  I credit that to lots of time playing Mario Cart on the Wii with the steering wheel controller.

It was a fun stay-at-home weekend intended to tire and entertain the kids.  The kids were definitely entertained, but as for being exhausted I think G-Jo and I were the ones to check that box.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment