Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day of First Grade


We hadn't moved into our house by the time school started so we commuted from Pop-Pop's and Grammy's for about a week.  Even with the anticipation and excitement of school starting it was challenging getting out of the house by 7:00 a.m.  It was sweet when the following week we moved in and joined a carpool!  It takes a village to raise kids these days, I count on my fellow moms to help me out just as I do for them. 

I let Harrison pick his clothes for the first day of school.  He chose his new "Where's My Water" t-shirt.  I have no idea what this game is, but he does, and he thought maybe some other kids in class would know it also and 'want to talk to me.'  I thought it was pretty smart to have an ice-breaker for the first day.  A boy after my own social heart.

He was excited to tell me when I picked him up that TWO kids in his class told him they liked his shirt.  He didn't include, however, the number of kids he asked who told him they didn't like his choice shirt! He was also quick to point out there are twenty kids in his class, twelve boys and eight girls.  
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment