Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Silence Is So Not Golden

Warning: All new parents should be aware that when your children are quiet they are often up to no good.  It may seem nice in the immediate moment to enjoy a little peace, but know that you will suffer tenfold when you discover what their silence yielded them.

I was drinking a cup of coffee on the couch this afternoon and was 'coming to' from having worked the night before.  Steve and I were talking so I didn't immediately notice that Harrison and Gavin were unaccounted for.  After some prolonged silence I looked into the kitchen and saw Gavin with a jar of Nutella, I barely had time to ask Gavin what he was doing with the Nutella when Harrison turned around and showed me...





Harrison's answer for why he wanted Gavin to paint his face with Nutella?  He wanted a chocolate face and it tastes good.  And his teachers tell me he's smart?!

Same day, but a few hours later, I'm putting on my makeup getting ready for work.  Gavin often hangs out with me while I'm doing this and digs through my makeup helping me 'get ready.'  Cannon woke up from a nap causing me to leave Gavin alone....and quiet. 

I came back in the bathroom to find Gavin crouched on the floor next to the toilet that he had just used to poop in, but opted not to wipe since there was nary a piece of toilet paper in sight.  He was digging through my make-up and cleaning it in the toilet....with the turd still in it!!  That's right people, his silence resulted in my make-up getting a poop wash in the toilet!!!!

Although the noise that my boys create can, at times, be deafening, after the events of today I'm going to try and embrace the sound a little more.

Silent Bruisers only leads to trouble.

And makeup freshly washed in poop.  



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Did the makeup get a full "poo" wash, or just the outside? Was the makeup placed back in the makeup truck, or carefully set beside the "poo" wash station? Did the "poo" wash include a complimentary rinse in the "fill" tank? Let's all be glad that it was Nutella on Harrison's face and not something else of a similar color. G-Jo

    ReplyDelete