Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Monday, December 19, 2011

Thanksgiving-Yes, I know it was Almost a Month Ago

Oh, blog, how you've been neglected!  Life has been so busy I've barely had time to live it much less write about it.  I'm determined to get back on track and caught up, this blog is about to be on fire with so many posts! 

Let's start all the way back at Thanksgiving.  Remember I posted that the kids and I were boarding a plane?  That was only after a very emotional goodbye to my Mom and Steve's parents.  It's been weeks and I still get emotional when I think of saying goodbye to them. The only thing that saved me from a  total cry-fest was the busy-ness of going to the airport and flying with the kids.  My friend, Nancy, said she would rather have three root canals than fly alone with three kids.  I will admit, it took a lot of mental focus to keep all of us together and moving forward in the airport and finally get us all situated on the airplane, but the kids were fantastic!  May I even go so far as to call them angels?  Yes!  Angels, indeed. 

Instead of taking a straight path to South Carolina we made a detour; Steve met us at the Miami airport to spend a couple days with my Dad and Florida family.

 Swimming in the pool in November is not a problem in Florida.  Well, not a problem for rambunctious kids, a little chilly for adults. 

 I think the total head count was somewhere around fifteen that day. I'm truly blessed to have such a large family that makes the effort to spend time together. 


 Uncle Dave really enjoyed firing up the creme brulee.  Not surprisingly, Steve was enamored with the torch and was quickly trying to find other things that needed a little added heat.  His favorite?  A chocolate covered Rice Crispy treat torched to perfection.  

Harrison was able to fulfill his lifelong dream of being a waiter.  He did a great job and took his role very seriously!  He even went around to each person in between courses (yes, courses, this was a meal like no other! Alligator,  pumpkin soup, shrimp cocktail, creme brulee) and offered various breads from the bread basket.   

No comments:

Post a Comment