Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tradition

I'm a sucker for traditions.  I take them seriously, especially when it comes to my kids. There will be no, "you were the last child and I didn't have time."  No, I'm not at all a bitter middle child.  Not at all.  Some traditions are easier than others, like, filling out a baby book and updating it monthly or taking professional pictures every three months--HARD.  But, other traditions, like taking four generation photos or adding the latest hand print to a sweatshirt--EASY and FUN.  


I think this is one of the best four generation photos in my collection.  I love the botanical gardens, the surroundings and lighting make for beautiful pictures.  A cute little baby helps, too!
 

Now, onto another tradition of adding a hand print to Grandma's sweatshirt.  First you strip your baby's clothes off to make sure no paint ends up on clothing.  Or in this case pull him out of bed in what he slept in--just a diaper. 



Next, you cover his chubby hand in purple paint and stretch open five little fingers. Press down firmly and hold.

Lastly, you marvel at your great hand print and are proud to have it take it's final resting place on the "Hands Down You're the Best Grandma" sweatshirt belonging to none other than Grandma Pits.  Including grandkids and great-grandkids, there are something like 25 hand prints on there, right Grandma??  As an adult I know now how much time it takes to keep traditions alive, I'm so appreciative of people like my Grandma Pits who worked hard to show me the importance of it.   Like the green outfit, it's the little things that bind you together and make you family.  My children are going to be raised with so much stinkin' tradition it'll make them sick!  It is then I'll know I've done my job well.

No comments:

Post a Comment