Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Green Outfit

This is Steve, in green sailor pajamas, less than a month old. Adorable, I know. 
Kinda looks like three other little boys I've held before.

Harrison Lee- about 1 month old.
Steve's mom saved the green outfit and I'm so glad she did because when Harrison was born I thought it was special to put him in the same outfit around about the same age.  He was such a serious baby.  I remember trying to get him to smile and this was all he'd give me. 

Gavin Paul- about 1 month old
So when my next one was born we had to get out the green outfit again! Gi-Gi Gav, my little ham.  Definitely my most smiley, giggly baby to date.  I remember taking about twenty pictures trying to get a serious one like his older brother.  Gavin just kept smiling and cooing making us all laugh.  He has continued to fill the role of the family joker.
Cannon Smith- 2 months old
I almost waited too long to put Cannon Ball in the now infamous green outfit.  He turned two months old in the midst of getting our house ready to go on the market.  It was late at night and Cannon was grumpy, but I wasn't even able to snap the legs together so I knew we had to get the picture STAT!  I couldn't let my third baby be the one that was overlooked, he's special just like my other two.  It was like Cannon knew how important it was to me to get this picture because he fussed up until the camera started snapping and once Steve said, "okay, I got it."  he started fussing again.   

Steve and I almost got teary looking at our three boys' pictures side by side (okay, so me way more than him) I remember the day I took all three pictures and how I felt looking at my babies.  Whether it be from an outfit that's almost forty years old or familial similarities that's shared, it warms my heart seeing what binds us together and makes us family.  

2 comments:

  1. so adorable! that's awesome that she saved that outfit. i love it! you should have it framed in some sort of shadow box with protective glass. maybe in the kids' room? that's too important to only have out whenever babies can fit in it. what a wonderful memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For once I'm not complaining about your hoarding tendecies! This is such a cute and sentimental idea!

    ReplyDelete