Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Godmudder

To My Godmother

Maddison

I want you to know how lucky I feel
to have a Godmother like you.
Someone who always loves me
no matter what I do.

When I think of you I count my blessings,
and thank the Lord above,
that I have you for my Godmother,
because Godmothers are chosen with love.
  Love,
Gavin

Gavin loved his visit from Maddison.  Anytime she ventured out of his sight he would wonder aimlessly around whining, "Godmudder, Godmudder, where are you?"  He was too sad to say goodbye when we took Maddy back to the airport.  He buried his head in his car seat leaving just his quivering chin showing.  While it broke my heart it also filled my heart with happiness seeing that special bond that's created with Godparents.  

Thank you, Maddy, for spending your hard-earned babysitting money to come visit us here in Texas!

1 comment:

  1. Greta this brought tears to my eyes. Oh my goodness it was SO wonderful visiting you! I miss everyone and hope that I will be able to come to see you and your new home this coming summer :) Love you! Maddy
    P.S. I am currently taking Christmas orders for a certain adorable 3 year old!

    ReplyDelete