Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chapter Endings And New Beginnings

I have been sitting at this computer trying to put into words what's in my head.  I'll write five lines and then erase two.  This is pretty much how my last ten days have been spent--scattered and unorganized. Not able to express exactly how I feel, mainly because I'm not exactly sure what I feel. 

Ten days ago I would have never imagined I would see a 'for sale' sign in my front yard, never imagined I could sell most of my worldly goods in two days flat, and certainly never imagined I would be saying goodbye to the life I have known for the past fourteen years.  But, here I am doing just that.



Steve has a job opportunity in Greenville, South Carolina.  We are leaving to start a new adventure and try this new venture.  Growing up a military child moving all over the world I would have assumed this process would be like riding a bike.  It's a lot harder that I thought getting back on that bike.  When I rode that bike as a kid I had my parents as my 'training wheels' offering support and shouldering the responsibilities.  I now have to be the training wheels for my children. I don't get to cry and sulk about leaving my friends and family. I don't get to drag and stomp my feet when it comes to selling our house and making this transition smoothly.

While we are nervous for the unknown we are excited about what the future holds.  As the old adage goes, everything happens for a reason, I have to believe that to be especially true in this situation.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa!!! I don't even get to see you EVER and this is sad for me! :-( But you're right.....everything happens for a reason!!! Best of luck, Bergmans!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see...should I even comment? I have been trying really hard to be a supportive friend when all I want to do is stomp my foot and beg you guys to stay! I've even thought about calling Greenville, SC and trying to sabotage Steve's job but I'm sure that would be frowned upon. This could be the opportunity of a lifetime for you guys. An answer to your prayers! So I'll just continue to smile on the outside and cry and sulk behind closed doors and save some moolah for plane tickets for four to South Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! Heard at work that you were leaving so I had to come to your blog and check it out for myself. I can't tell you how much you will be missed, both professionally and personally. I know we aren't as close as some but when I think of you (EVERY time I go to Sam's Club!) it always brings a smile to my face. I consider it a blessing to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know how sad I am that you are leaving, but I know our friendship will endure the distance. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete