Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Girls' Weekend 2011

Another girls' weekend has come and gone.  Our numbers have grown in the fifteen years we've been getting together with this year being the biggest yet.  The mellow weather in Detroit was beat only by the fun we all had being together.  Cannon experienced his first plane ride and, I must say, was a stellar passenger to and fro sleeping the entire time. 

Ashly worked hard putting together our wine tasting party.  Grandma's favorite part wasn't the wine but the chocolate that each was paired with.  Having not had a drink in almost a year I really enjoyed this event.  

Ever hear of feather bowling??  Probably not unless you're from the area.  It's a fun game similar to bocci ball.  Not sure if it was beginners luck or I'm just a natural--but I was the closer for my team helping bring in last minute points. (Insert sarcasm here.)  I guess I wasn't that good because I ended up on the losing team!

Nothing brings out the claws like a friendly game of kickball. Daughter against mothers, sisters plotting against sisters, nieces on aunts--it was ruthless and left a lot of us really sore.    

Cannon still has his nights and days confused causing him to sleep like a lamb during the day while kicking my toosh at night.  He loved his morning nap, sleeping peacefully on his Great-GrandmaPits. 

Craft time has become a must!  We made finger bracelets, purse scarves, and even homemade applesauce with apples we handpicked using Grandma's recipe.

Game night introduced many of us to Bunco.  A game that required very little thought which is perfect for ladies that really just want to chat.  Oh, and on this night was potluck dinner, everyone contributed part of the meal.  Aunt Julie and I went healthy with making a salad, but Roxanne and Aunt Peg hit a home run with fruit pizza.  Check out this website for the recipe. 

The weekend always includes lots of group pictures.  Getting this many people to sit still and smile is a challenge but it's worth it for the memories we capture. 

Cannon had lots of snuggle time with his Godmother, Bailey.  Not counting my thumb and pinkie I could count on one hand how many times I changed a diaper, an outfit, or hassled with the car seat.  It was su-weet!

The obligatory foot picture.  Not sure how long ago it started, but girls' weekend isn't complete without pedicures and a resulting picture to show them off.  Cannon enjoyed being the center of attention even if that resulted in him laying in the grass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment