Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

My friend, Shanita, was scheduled to work this Halloween and, knowing the importance of celebrating this great holiday, I volunteered to take her kiddos along with mine. Turns out, last minute, her name was drawn and she was given the opportunity to not go to work--and she took it!  So, the four children, along with their four parents took them around the neighborhood.  I think I may officially have Shanita hooked on this whole Halloween thing.  We (and the kids, of course!) had so much fun!



A ninja, Captain America, Spider Man, and another ninja. 
The neighborhood was safe with these guys on patrol!



I told the boys they could have as much candy as they wanted, but only on Halloween night.  Once the holiday was over so was the candy.  The Bruisers took full advantage--Gavin ate his weight in Skittles but Harrison was more an equal-opportunity eater, gobbling up a little bit of this and little of that.  I think everyone should have one day a year to be as indulgent as they want!  I really dropped the ball and did not bring my camera, this is the best my phone can offer.  Next year I promise to do better!



The boys checking out their goodies.  Harrison continues to impress me with his thoughtfulness. At one house he was given Whoppers, I told him  those were my favorite (not really, but I wanted him to be excited about all of his loot!) a few hours later he dug in his bag and brought me the Whoppers, "here, Mom, I want you to have your favorite candy."  "Open it, open it!  It's your favorite!"  That boy melts me.







Gavin wasn't giving up his shield for anything!  He would hand off this candy bag with no problem, but that shield was firmly attached! 



"Momma, wook, dad man 'care (scare)  me.  This is his new thing--everything scares him.  Ghosts are hiding in the bathroom with monsters around the corner.  Although, I will give it to him, this man is a little scary!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Shanita got to trick or treat! I feel so ashamed for making a "Only 2 pieces of candy!" rule and worse for enforcing it. Don't ever tell my girls that you let your boys eat all the candy they wanted. I'll drop off the "best mommy" chart for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay i was hoping trick-or-treat pictures would be up!! can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! -ashly

    ReplyDelete