Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Saturday, July 17, 2010

2600 Miles Of Family Lovin'

Being a salesman to his core, it didn't take much for Steve to talk me into buying a motorhome for our trip to Michigan and Ohio.  Having no experience between us, it was a little daunting beginning a two week trip.  But, with lots of internet reading and help from our new-found, friendly R.V.-ers we started our journey. 











I don't know who said it more, Steve or Harrison, "This is soooo cool!"  They thought being able to go the bathroom while also going 65 mph was the best.  Throw-in grabbing an icy cold soda from the fridge--fugetaboutit--they were in boy heaven!






We stopped half-way in Nashville at our first RV park.  I can honestly say, never in a million years did I think I would rest my head at one of these places.  Kinda like that song, "one of these things is not like the other one"  I would be that one who's not like the other one.  This is our first attempt at making Jiffy Pop.  I must say Jiffy knows how to make some popcorn.  Add some M&M's and it was like we were back home!







Nothing is sweeter than watching your baby sleep.  Even when he starts to look like such a big boy.






A nice healthy snack of strawberries, kept chilledl by the super-cool fridge!






All the cousins thought it was the coolest to take a ride.  We picked up quite a few strays along the way.


On the way home we picked up my Goddaughter, McKinzie.   She didn't quite know what she was getting into--22 hours of hearing Gavin yell.  

Saying goodbye to family is always hard. 





 Harrison found a sleeping buddy.











 I should have payed a little more attention to the cardinal RV rule about making sure items that can become airborne are securely tied down.  My laptop can serve quite a beating when it wants to.  Please note the swelling in my cheek and wound on my face.  No, I am not being dramatic and, yes, it was completely Steve's fault.  





 To make our hillbilly trip complete, on our way home we stayed at none other than Elvis' RV park and made a trip to the mansion.  What mansion?!  Graceland, of course. 




I was talking to a coworker complaining about how irritable Gavin was on the way home.  He commented on his grown kids and how much he missed the road trips when they were younger.  He said, even the whining was memorable.   So, here's to many more memorable trips in the RV.  Even if it includes my whiny Geedge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment