Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

'Ol McGavin Had a Farm

We had a belated birthday party for Gavin.  With a mad dash to the finish line the house is finally finished. working on those pictures now, promise!  A big thank you to my brothers, Dixie, and Mom for helping pull the party and house together.  One of these days I'll master this whole party thing!  Until then, I will continue to count on friends and family to pull me through.  It was a memorable party that Steve and I are still talking about. 


I had great intentions to make amazing cupcakes from my 'Hello Cupcake' cook book.  I hugely settled for some grass and dirt cupcakes with animals on top. It was kindly pointed out to me that I was mixing farm and exotic animals.....but really, I don't have time for such details.




Who doesn't love a good pinata?  This horse was tough, it took Steve going at it to give up the goods.

 
Oh, my Geedge and his animals!  This is what made me want to have this party.  This child loves bugs and animals.  And I love seeing him smile. 
Really, her name is Tina Turner.
 

My friend, ShirLee, and her husband, Mike, brought horses for us to ride. "No need to be scared", said Mike, "horses are really nothing more than a thousand pound dog." The kids loved the horses and seemed to really enjoy Mike in his full cowboy get-up. Harrison walked up to Mike in awe asking in his little voice, "are you a cowboy?"  Like someone he had heard and read about in books but never actually had met.  Mike said, "well, I ride horses, not cows, but I 'pose Ima cowboy."


 Gavin would have preferred this horse was just for him and everyone else take turns on the other one. Sharing is not his strong suit.





Alex, and his childhood friend, Cody. The kids loved the snakes (the adults could have lived without them, but the kids oohed and aahed) The finale of the party was getting to watch this beauty eat her dinner...a nice, large mouse. 

 
I realize odds are likely Gavin won't remember this party.  But I will. I will remember his excitement riding the horses and petting the animals. The gigantic smile on his face while lots of people sang him happy birthday. I loved watching him sing along and clap with everyone else after he blew the candles out.

1 comment:

  1. You throw one awesome party! Joely is still talking about it, wishing everyone and everything a "happy birthday" as she drags around her deflated balloon! Your kiddos are so lucky to have such an amazing mom!!

    ReplyDelete