Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Friday, December 4, 2009

A 'Do-Over' Kind Of Day

You know those days when you just wish you could have a 'do-over'? I had one of those days recently, it went a little something like this:


I was meeting play group friends to see Polar Express at the Imax with the kids. It was freezing outside and the theater only let us wait in the foyer until promptly 10 a.m.


After much commotion of getting tickets and snacks we settled in to the movie with popcorn, M&M's, and a Sprite.


Actually, at some point during the movie, Geedge and I were snuggling and I got a little teary thinking about my boys and how much they mean to me. That is until......


Gavin has a sensitive gag reflex. I should've referenced this morsel of information as I turned him towards me to pat him on the back while he was choking on some not-intended-for-children-under-three popcorn. He upchucked his entire stomach contents (consisting mostly of milk, now curdled no less) all over me. From my shoulders to my thigh I was covered in vomit.

The usher guided us to the bathroom all the while saying "Oh my, my, my, oh, no, I'm so sorry."

While thankful I had brought a jacket with me, I was disappointed I chose my sleeveless vest because that it was I had to wear out of the theater with my shirt in a ball of barf.

Believe it or not, I still tried to make the most of my lemons and went to the museums gift shop and bought a t-shirt so we could continue onto lunch (a girls gotta eat, right??) The kids were awful at lunch, fidgeting and fussy.

When I got home I put Gavin in the tub. I thought I would join him so we could both wash the smell off that kept washing over us during lunch. As I was putting our clothes in a smelly pile I turned as saw Gavin pooping in the bathtub! Now, unfortunately, I have been faced with this before so I DID NOT make the same mistake of using toilet paper that instantly dissolves in water leaving you holding a turd with your bare hands. No, no,this time I was able to keep a barrier between myself and poop.

After a thorough tub cleaning and a shower (not enough time elapsed between poop in the bathtub and me sitting down) we went off to nap to wash away the terrible events of my morning.




A nice, lovely shirt before it was covered in vomit.

2 comments:

  1. What a day! You are so awesome to have handled it all so great! I would have a had a melt down ( or two, or three) somewhere in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This puts my flat tire in the rain in a whole other catagory! AP

    ReplyDelete