Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Monday, August 24, 2009

Just a Day With the Family

I had a rare Saturday off with the family, Steve was out of town on a business trip, (Key West, Florida. Tough job, huh?) so my Mom, Justin, and his girlfriend, Dixie came to keep me company. We decided to be artsy and visit our local Kimbell Art Museum.



I told Harrison I thought this baby was whispering in his Mommy's ear asking her for a snack. He said "yah, the baby wants popcorn and a pop tart."


I asked Harrison what this was and he told me "an awien" (alien) because it has four arms.


Harrison reflecting on how he possibly could have fallen into the water! He meant to only bend over and brush the water with his hands. The only dry part on him was a small corner of his shorts where Uncle Justin pulled him up and out! (not pictured: his shirt drying on the concrete.)

Uncle Justin helped Harrison ease his embarrassment of falling in the water by playing a rousting game of 'let me see how high I can throw you' Harrison was getting so high he resembled a flying squirrel.


Lesson learned of having a second child--What you do with one child you must do to the other.


G-Jo. Just sitting and looking pretty.




What a beautiful boy. I'm so blessed he's mine.


Dixie's keeping Gavin from taking the plunge like his big brother.


When we got home I was inspired to open the cookbook my mother-in-law gave me from none other than the Kimbell. There is a pumpkin cheesecake recipe I've got to make soon. In the meantime this is what I made:


The lemon bars are an A+. "Worlds Best Cookies" however? Don't think so, C-


We also made homemade pizza for dinner. This was so easy and so good. We made mini's so it was custom to your liking. So good we're making pizza again for dinner tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Man....I wish I couldve been there to see Harrison splash into the water and watch Justin save him! The joy of raising boys! I love the picture of Gavin being thrown into the air.

    ReplyDelete