Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Monday, April 20, 2009

R.I.P. Thomas The Train 3T Undies 2008-2009

Of all the things I will miss of having small children, being responsible for their bodily fluids won't be one of them. I was watching 'Supernanny' a while ago and she said that American children are notorious for not being able to 'clean' themselves after going to the bathroom. We, as parents, do it for them for too long. I find it far easier to do it myself than suffer the consequences of their own failed attempts. Hence, my story of today.

I looked at Harrison who was playing in the forbidden plant. As I was correcting/yelling at him I noticed his pants were only on one leg, the same leg that had on his only shoe. I asked him why his pants were off and he told me he had gone poop in the potty. I told him we needed to return to the bathroom so I could wipe his toosch. As we were walking he told me he already did it-all by himself. Oh, he did it alright, all by himself he managed to smear poop all over the toilet, floor, and his backside. Whatever didn't make into the toilet or on the floor remained in his undies to be found by me. It is in situations like these that for a couple minutes I am at a loss of what to do. How to approach this mess and make it like it never happened. In these dirty times, I quickly resort to my best friend the rubber gloves! I know in these tough economic times I should have diligently cleaned Thomas and made them new. But, I can't, I can only manage to deal with poop as long as necessary. They ended up in the trash. I managed to get it all cleaned up right before Steve walked through the door. Lucky dog!

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with ya sister, throw them away and get on with the new:)

    ReplyDelete