Cannon, baby, my how you've added to our family! You are so full of laughter (and squeals!) it fills our house and makes our family whole. It's exciting to watch your personality develop and change. This is our assessment to date:
- There is no changing your mind when you want something. No hiding or distracting will deter you from what you have your eyes set on. You'll be playful and play along, but tease you too long, and watch out! A guttural scream will erupt!
- You are independent for a one year-old and have no problem leaving us to go explore.
- You love to try new foods, especially the bites that are going into a grown-ups mouth. You have the biggest and most versatile appetite of your brothers. It's exciting to feed you new things!
- I wouldn't say you're a 'solid sleeper.' I mean, you sleep through the night an' all, and take a couple naps during the day, but you don't love to sleep. You wake up easily and are never grumpy wanting more sleep. It's probably a necessary trait given you're the third child and are often robbed of sleep.
- Dad and Uncle Alex (and any other hairy relative, for that matter) agrees that you have an iron grip and have a knack for pulling chest hair to the point of making grown men yelp! They would swear you enjoy hearing them squeal--which makes you twist and pull harder.
- You are stubborn, stubborn, stubborn! There is no greater example of this than nursing versus bottle feeding. You did not want to nurse your first week of life. Honestly, you brought me to tears trying to make it work. Finally, when you decided, you nursed and nursed and nursed. Jump to month seven, I'm returning to work, and you refused a bottle! Grammy and Daddy fed you with a syringe like a baby bird! I hope your stubbornness pays off for you in life. Stubbornness often translates into perseverance.
We love you to the moon and back, baby Cannon.
We are so thankful God blessed us with you to love and raise.