Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Friday, July 6, 2012

Punta Cana 2012


 Gran Bahia Principe
 Punta Cana, Dominican Republic


For Christmas my Dad gifted us with a unforgettable trip to the Dominican Republic.  It was an amazing trip that I've been looking forward to since Christmas.  The anticipation of the trip was second only to the trip itself.  For seven glorious days it was everything I'd hoped for. 

The Bruisers.  Less than ten minutes after this picture was taken the older two boys were stripped down to their skivvies playing in the ocean.  What was I thinking that we could go to the beach and stay relatively dry?  We had to make a trip back to our room to change again before dinner.  But, hey, it's vacation, right?


We were long overdue for a family picture. Updated family photo? Check!
What better back drop then a beautiful ocean?




We  took an amazing excursion on these dune buggys through a jungle trail. Harrison rode with Grandad and squealed with every splash of water they plowed.  

We first drove to a deserted beach with amazing views.  We played in the ocean for a little while before heading to what felt like an 'Indiana Jones' adventure.

 We hiked through the jungle on a path that narrowed and winded through the trees and rocks.  The path led us to caves that, for a brief minute, I questioned what I was doing on this crazy adventure.  I'm so glad I didn't turn around because the cave opened up to this.....a breath taking lagoon.  

 It took some gusto to jump in due to the water being a constant 55 degrees!
Uncle Justin has mastered what no one before or after him will be able to do--come home from a beach vacation paler than when you left. 

It's hard to see here, but Harrison is standing on the rocks about to do an impressive cannon ball into the water.  He was, by far, the youngest person brave enough to jump from the rocks into the chilly water.  Everyone cheered for him when he came up from the water. 


These are the desserts I partook in T.I.D.  (that's three times daily for you non-medical people) I ate and ate and loved every minute of it. 

Eat your heart out 'Beaches Resort' commercials!  

You ain't got nothing on this!



The nightly entertainment ranged from Michael Jackson impersonators to a beauty-like contest crowning 'Mr. Principe' of the resort.  The hosts went through the audience looking for men willing to participate in the contest.  Reluctantly, (or maybe not so reluctant!) my Dad was pulled on stage!  Round after round, elimination after elimination my Dad held his ground.  Through dance off contests and Simon-says games he persevered to the final round where he donned a dress, wig, and microphone and did a spot-on impersonation of Madonna singing 'like a virgin' from the 1984 MTV music awards (yes, that includes the writhing around on the ground. In a dress. My dad.)  My friends, you are looking at reigning Mr. Principe himself! For the rest of the week he was recognized all over the resort!  It's a laugh that keeps on giving.

Gavin was hard to contain.  He wanted to be free to fight the waves and beat the bad guys. His imagination is limitless.

Me and my boys.  These boys could live at the beach.  
The sand, waves, water, fish, people watching...all of it!

Cannon, like his brothers, loved the beach, too!  Although he preferred the sand to the water.  He crawled around like a little baby sea turtle leaving sand tracks as he explored. 


Thanks, Mr. Principe Dad, for a fantastic, unforgettable, vacation. 

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I have a friend getting married soon in the D.R. and after seeing your pictures I am even more excited about it! As always...you are gorgeous, Greta. Where did you get your cute swimsuit? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the "Beaches" photos of you and Steve!!!!! :-D Looks like you all had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete