Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful

 I have been working on this post for a while--planning to write about the perils of trying to teach eight young children the simple rules of kickball.  But, instead I've been inspired by the land of Facebook and everyone posting what they're thankful for in the month of November. Before I go further just know that what seemed to be a very elementary game turned out to be quite challenging for the kids to get the hang of.  

Back to what I'm thankful for....


My friends have always played a big role in my life. I know this and don't try to pretend I'm one of those people who 'are my own best friend.' I knew that moving to South Carolina would be a challenge, but I really underestimated how isolated I would feel. I'm friendly enough and can make casual conversation with just about anyone.  However, the friends in my life now are different then friends I've ever had before.  They are the women that help raise my children, give me parental advice, and even counsel me on marriage.  What was I thinking that I would easily find  replacements for these very special people in my life?


I didn't find any replacements and my kids didn't either, for that matter.  We were so thankful when we touched down in Texas and had our friends back!  Within a couple days we were celebrating friends' birthdays and visiting our favorite hot spots around town.  


The simple and mundane things in life are far more exciting when you have friends to share them with.


Cannon always has a good laugh....


when he gets to watch this boy act like he's got no sense!


A friendly smile like this brightens even the darkest day.


A big thumbs up to our friends we cherish!  We are beyond thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment