Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Bruiser Another Year Older

 Gavin has been so excited to turn four.  I put all of his Spring/Summer clothes in his drawers and he's refused to wear anything that says 4T because, "I not four yet, not until April 25!!"  Now, why this rationale doesn't translate with the 2T Spider Man jeans he still tries to sport is beyond me. I took the idea from my friend and fellow blogger, Tricia, to start Gavin's special day with covering his bedroom door with streamers.  Although a little groggy he thought it was pretty cool to bust his way through dark purple (his new favy color) streamers on his way to the bathroom.  Makes even your morning pee a little more special. 

I saw these cupcakes on none other than Pinterest and had to make them for G's preschool birthday party.  I mean, really, what kind of mother was I before I found this website?  A plain and boring one, for sure.

Harrison jumped in the car after school and said, "Yes! I've been waiting all day for school to be over so we could go to Monkey Joes for Gavin's birthday!!"  A little sad to celebrate another birthday without the friends and family of birthdays' past. I'm grateful the sadness stopped with Steve and I, Gavin didn't even seem to notice the difference.  So, who are those big parties for anyways? 


We all agreed (well, actually, Steve disagreed) that Cannon was plenty old enough to go down the 25 foot slide.  I can't say he loved it, more that he tolerated his crazy Momma taking him on a completely inappropriate ride for an infant.

Gavin loved, loved being able to gather as much fake money as he could in a minute.  His 'jazz hands' were in full-force, he was so excited he could barely slow down enough to grab the money!

 A tough but important lesson learned when you have siblings--sometimes it's not about you and you just get to watch and encourage your sibling in the grab-as-much-money-as-you-can-thingie. And, oh my gosh, are those not Steve's hands on that boy?! 

Gavin's first choice for dinner was McDonald's, Steve and I gently guided Gavin towards his second favorite place, Hibachi-- "where they make the fire!"  We have still yet to find a great Hibachi place here in ol' South Carolina, an hour and a half into our terrible meal we looked at each other and said, "We could've just gone to McDonald's." One disappointing meal later we headed home to our next activity.

I told Gavin I thought I heard some bad guys in the other room and now that he was four is was high time he took care of it.  I laid out his 'weapons' and told him to pick wisely.  He chose the Hulk fist and nunchucks while Harrison chose Wolverine claws and Thor's hammer, they closed their eyes and waited for the room to fill with helium balloon bad guys so they could attack them.

Check out Steve's drawrings on the balloons.  
Gavin and Harrison both thought this was awesome!


Gavin has a smile that is infectious.  As I sit here typing this looking at his face I can't help but smile.  He has a larger than life personality that demands your attention.  It's attention that's given fairly easy due to the antics and entertainment that he brings.  From minute-to-minute costume changes to snuggling in your lap and asking for a back scratching, he fills our house with stories Steve and I laugh about as we're going to bed each night.

1 comment:

  1. He does have a smile that reaches into your heart. Looks like an awesome day. G-Jo

    ReplyDelete