Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Cup Runneth Over With Pride

Harrison is a good kid.  He loves to please, and even more, loves to learn. A teacher's dream, really.  He does a great job of saving his outbursts and fits for when he's in the comfort of his own home. Therein lies one of the great mysteries of how parents are able to home-school--most kids do better and do more for other people. For the school-Harrison, I've come to expect positive feedback from his teachers, but even I wasn't prepared for his most recent accomplishments.

He earned the class's Star Student for the month and the Kiwana's club Terrific Kid! Both awards earned him a picture in the school lobby; but the Terrific Kid award earned him a ceremony that Steve and  I were invited to attend. 
The lobby photo showing off his cool Terrific Kid t-shirt.  He was also given a Chic-Fil-A free meal, and a couple of bumper stickers that will be proudly displayed in his room!  It's enough I drive a minivan, I refuse to throw in the towel by adding 'My kid is a Terrific Kid' bumper sticker to my van.

He earned the Star Student of the month for his honor.  After the Terrific Kids' ceremony we walked Harrison back to class where Steve was able to meet his teacher.  We were both overwhelmed with the gushing of praise and love she gave to Harrison! Cannon must have even felt the love because he lunged towards Harrison's teacher's arms; she graciously held him showing him off to the other Kindergarten teachers.  Steve and I were instructed to follow her throughout the halls as she showed Cannon to various people saying with a be-jealous-of-me tone, "Do you see who I have here? Yes, it's Harrison's baby brother!"  One teacher (who also professed her love of Harrison) took one look at Cannon and said, "Oh, that has to be the baby brother of My Harrison!"

Steve and I got in the car and looked at each other for a couple minutes like, 'did that just really happen?' I mean, I think Harrison is great, but I'm his Mom, I'm supposed to think those mushy things.  But, to have others tell me how wonderful my child is.....my cup literally runneth over.

1 comment:

  1. awww, I teared up reading this (of course, I tear up at a lot of things these days)! I'm so proud too, I love you Harrison!! -ashly

    ReplyDelete