Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Heart Valentines

 I was bit by the love bug this year and really wanted to make the day special for my boys.  Their day was started extra sweet with sprinkl-pink donuts from Dunkin' Donuts.  Originally I wanted heart-shaped pink frosted donuts from Dunkin', but when I went the day before they had all sold out.  I was bit by the love bug but not enough to wake up at five a.m. when they said they'd have more.  

 Gavin loved his heart shaped lunch!  A heart peanut butter and jelly, Cheetos and bananas in a heart mold complete with a heart napkin. I made him close his eyes until I put the plate down in front of him, he opened is eyes and excitedly hugged me saying, "Mommy, I wuve you!"

 Cannon said Valentine's in crap, nothing but a greeting card holiday!  Not with his words, (he's not that advanced!) more with his actions, he was in this cute outfit for five minutes before he exploded poop everywhere.  The kind of blowout that makes it impossible to take off his shirt without smearing poop through his hair. The kind of blowout that demands an immediate bath. The kind of blowout that makes me think about just throwing the outfit away because the thought of cleaning it is overwhelming and seems futile.  Have I painted a clear enough picture of the blowout? It was for reals.

 When Harrison came home from school we got busy making our red velvet cake for dessert.  We took a vote between strawberry and red velvet, I was out-voted 3-1 for the red velvet.  I really need some more Team-Mom members in the house! I'm still holding out for Cannon!

 Cracking the eggs is the best part! Lucky for them the red velvet recipe calls for three eggs. I bet my lame 'ol strawberry cake would have only called for one.

 Oh, and dinner was our favorite!  Homemade pizza......in the shape of a heart, of course!  Steve has tried for years to toss pizza dough like me.  He tries his best, even channels his best Italian voice as he's rolling it out, "I'm-a-making-a-peeeza!" but he usually ends up handing me the dough ball in frustration. 


 The little bit of left-over dough makes the best pretzels that are perfect dipped in pizza sauce.

 Yummy!

Our day of love ended with our heart-shaped red velvet cake topped with sprinkles.  It was a day spent making our daily events a little more special.  A perfect Valentines!

1 comment:

  1. you were stuffing those kids' pie holes full of love all day long, weren't you!??! i loved how much the kids got to participate in making food.

    ReplyDelete