Bergman's Bruisers


A Look Into My Life Of Raising Four Rough
And Tumbly Boys

Thursday, January 19, 2012

First Visitor

We had our first visitor! We were so excited to have a friendly face show up at our front door.
My dad drove all night to spend the weekend with us.
 
Oh, don't be alarmed by the gun (or weapon as my military father calls it) it was a Harrison Christmas gift from my Dad.  Isn't a bb gun the coolest gift for a six year-old?  How about a one year-old? Because that's how old Harrison was when my dad gave this to him! With Harrison finally reaching a somewhat appropriate age to shoot a gun, he asked my dad to help him shoot it for the first time. Grandad happily obliged, but only after a thorough gun safety lesson. 

It was a test of patience for a 50-something year-old and a 6 year-old alike!  Harrison was d-y-i-n-g to shoot the 'weapon' but that was not happening before he understood the basic training basics of weaponry. 

Steve set up a couple targets in the backyard. Surprisingly, he hit a some of the them!  

Day two was spent cooking dinner with Grandad.  Growing up my Dad taught me a lot about cooking.  It was special to watch him pass the lessons onto my kids. 

Gavin helped make the sauce while Harrison prepped and cooked the shrimp.

Buffalo shrimp, Aunt Evelyn's homemade bread (that took me two attempts to get right!), and fruit salad.

No visit with Grandad would be complete without a good wrestling match.  Both the boys were introduced to a wedgie!  It was a relaxing visit that, as usual, ended too soon. 
Family and friends, come one, come all! We need company!

No comments:

Post a Comment